*FYI this is different pumpkin soup to the “Willy A’s roast pumpkin soup” that you may have seen on my Instagram account @thewholesomedoctor – both are delicious but this one is quick and easy for a midweek meal and it packs a punch when it comes to veggie serves!
- 1 kg pumpkin – peeled, diced and washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- Half bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 litres low salt chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- Cracked black pepper
- In a pan heat olive oil, add garlic, onion and chopped coriander and brown.
- Add pumpkin to the pan and sweat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add stock (you want at least 2 cms of liquid over the pumpkin if not, add the water to the pan at this point).
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 1 hour. Liquid will reduce.
- Blend the contents of the pan until smooth and season to taste.
Additions: crumble some goats cheese or fetta on top with some toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh coriander.