- 1 brown or red onion diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 425 gram can tuna in olive oil (or any you prefer) –ensure you drain the fluid off
- 1 can of 400 gram creamed corn
- 400 gram corn kernels (low salt) – frozen or canned are fine
- Some form of grain – cooked quinoa,cooked brown rice or cooked pasta. Choose whatever you like!
- 1 zucchini grated, fluid squeezed out post grating
- 1 medium sized tomato diced
- 2 celery stalks roughly diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Tip:you can use any vegetables you have in the fridge. Blended cauliflower/broccoli or carrot also goes really well in this mixture. If you increase the vegetables you can add another can of creamed corn to ensure the mixture is bound.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a pan heat the olive oil, add the onions and brown
- Next add the tuna (ensure can is drained) and gently fry off for 5 minutes
- Add the can of creamed corn, followed by all your vegetables. Also add your chosen grain (such as cooked quinoa) at this point. (Note: if you increased the vegetable quantity, add another can of creamed corn at this point).
- Add pepper to taste. You do not need to add salt to this dish however, you can add a dash at this point if you choose.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Once the vegetables are combined and softer, transfer the mixture into a baking tray (large enough to fit the cooked vegetables).
- Top with the grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is golden brown on top
Serve with a side of salad.