- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed off the stalks (use a knife to do this, you don’t want the stems)
- Juice of half a lemon (use fresh lemons)
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hot cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Place the trimmed kale leaves in a bowl, wash and then dry.
- In a big mixing bowl, place kale leaves, olive oil, garlic power, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice. Mix well – coating the leaves.
- Lay the kale leaves on a lined oven tray- ensure they are spread out in a single layer.
- Place the tray into the oven for 10 minutes and then turn the leaves over.
- Return the tray into the oven but ensure you turn the leaves every 4-5 minutes from hereon to ensure none of the leaves burn.
- Smaller kale pieces may crisp up earlier- remove these and place in the serving bowl. Continue to cook the soggier leaves until they are crisp.
- Continue to cook others, checking every 5 minutes until crispy.
These are a delicious snack!