- 1 medium brown or red onion chopped into quarters
- 4-6 eggs. The egg is the binder so if you use loads of vegetables or you are making a big slice, you may need more. When you are pouring into your baking dish at the end you want a thick biscuit mixture- like consistency so add enough egg to achieve that!
- 425 gram can of tuna in olive oil (drained). You can use brine or spring water bases; whatever you fancy.
- 1 cup of milk
- 100 grams of savoury crackers – savoy for instance
- 5 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup of frozen peas and corn
- 1 zucchini – grated, fluid squeezed out after grating
- Any other veg you have in the fridge – seriously, this is the dish to use up whatever you have lying around!
- 2 carrots grated
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tomato chopped
If you have a food processor/thermomix:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- First, place the onion into the food processor and blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds
- Scrape down the sides, add the biscuits and cheese and blitz again for 10 seconds on speed 7 (it should be a thick paste like consistency)
- Next add in the eggs, milk, vegetables, herbs (literally everything else in the list up there) and tuna (ensure the tuna has been drained). Season with pepper.
- Stir on speed 4 for 1 minute or until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking tray and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top.
If you don’t have a food processor/thermomix:
The baking process is the same however, you can simply blend the onion, cheese and biscuits together as the first step. Once the mixture is blended, simply mix the other ingredients together by hand in a bowl until all the elements are combined.