- 200 grams can chickpeas (use ½ a 400-gram tin, reserve the remaining 200 grams for lunch the next day!) (rinsed and drained well)
- 1 tbsp low salt pesto (find the lowest salt version in the supermarket aisle or you can prepare your own)
- 1 tbsp pitted kalamata olives
- 6 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- A sprinkle of feta or cheddar cheese for serving
- Combine all the above ingredients in a lunch container (except the cheese).
- Sprinkle over the cheese of your choice on top.
- At lunch time, no extra heating or preparation required.
Chickpeas count in the vegetable serves for a day. A lunch box like this will get you over a serve of vegetables for the day.