- 1 x 800 gram diced tin tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gram tin of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium sized zucchini chopped into cubes
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 4 cup mushrooms chopped
- Half a bunch of silver beet chopped roughly
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 free range eggs
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Greek style feta to sprinkle on top or a cheese that you like (use feta to give a slight salty taste)
- Freshly chopped basil for serving
- Couscous, bread or rice for serving
- Heat olive oil in a pan, brown the onion
- Add the chickpeas, cumin and paprika into the pan – gently fry off the chickpeas for 5 minutes
- Add the can of tomatoes, zucchini and silverbeet and stir to combine- the silverbeet will cook down within 10 minutes.
- Once the silverbeet has cooked down, add the mushrooms and pepper to taste. Gently simmer the ingredients in the pan for 30, occasionally stirring .You can taste the mixture at this point to see if you need to add further pepper or a dash of salt.
- Crack 4 eggs on top of the tomato mixture; gently spread the eggs around the pan – don’t mix through (allow the eggs to sit on top of the mixture). Cook with the pan covered for a further 5-6 minutes – depending on how cooked you like your eggs. You can leave the yolk quite runny.
The meal is ready to serve (either on a bed of couscous, rice or in a bowl with a side of bread for dipping) – sprinkle fetta (or cheese of your choosing) on top and chopped basil.