- 3 over ripe bananas (peeled)
- 2 cups of sifted wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of white Chia seeds
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 cup of almonds chopped (either by hand or in a blender)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup of light milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and either grease a loaf tin/tray or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the peeled bananas until fairly smooth.
- Add the flour, chia seeds, almonds, honey and olive oil to the mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together and add this to the banana mixture – stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the loaf tin and cook in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the loaf).
This makes the perfect snack for morning or afternoon tea and is also a great addition for lunch boxes! As a reminder – this recipe contains honey so despite being cooked it isn’t suitable for infants under the age of 1 (due the risk of a rare condition called infant botulism with honey). If you want to be able to give it to your infant under the age of 1 – you can skip the honey altogether (ripe bananas themselves are often sweet enough) or add a touch of brown sugar if needed.