- 1 packet of 2-minute noodles with the flavour sachet (any flavour your child prefers)
- ½ cup frozen peas and corn (thawed in boiling water and water drained)
- 1 tbsp frozen spinach (thawed in boiling water and water drained)
- If you have mushrooms either cup or Enoki you can also use a tablespoon of these; these tend not to be lying around in houses commonly, however.
- Any protein you have lying around – roast chicken in the fridge, thinly sliced chicken breast oruncooked frozen prawns in the freezer. If adding cooked protein like roast chicken, shred and add on top at the end. If adding uncooked protein such as frozen prawns add them to the noodles when cooking at the beginning so they can cook through.
- Cook the 2-minute noodles according to packet instructions using the ‘on the stove method’ so that you can add additional ingredients.However, do not add the flavour sachet until later.
- Add the peas, corn, spinach (and thinly sliced chicken breast or uncooked prawns) to the boiling water mixture.
- Boil for 5 mins before draining off any excess fluid (unless your child likes a soupy dish).
- Stir through only ¼ of the flavour sachet (this reduces the salt intake).
- If you are using cooked chicken (or another cooked protein), place on top of the noddles and serve.
You can place bean sprouts on top for some crunch to further bump up the vegetable intake too. You can add other vegetables with the peas and corn like broccoli.