The Wholesome Doctor (“TWD”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products, or services. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Purpose of this Policy
This policy explains our personal information handling practices. It describes how we may collect, use, and disclose information about you or your use of our content, products, or services. We routinely review this policy. Please ensure that you regularly review this page for the most updated policy.
Collection of Your Personal Information
How we collect personal information:
When you provide it to us
If you register as a user of TWD services, you will provide information to us as part of your registration. You may also provide information when you enter competitions or otherwise participate in TWD functions or activities. For information about our collection and retention of payment information see below.
You may also give us information when you buy from TWD online store.
When someone else provides it to us on your behalf
Sometimes someone else such as a carer (including a parent) or friend might provide us with information about you so that we can provide you with products or services. Other times we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources.
When we collect it in relation to your use of our online/digital sites
We also collect information about your use of our digital services including our websites and apps. This is mainly to improve your experience and our digital services. TWD uses technologies like cookies, web beacons and local storage as part of its digital services. When you use our websites, mobile sites, mobile applications, or applications on any other devices, these technologies may be used to make our digital services easier to use and more relevant including by customising your user experience.
If you are a registered TWD user, we may link the information collected about you to your account. If you are not a registered TWD user, then we will track this information by reference to digital information such as an IP address and will not seek to identify you. If we do not collect information about you or your use of our digital services, we may not be able to provide you with certain digital services, or we may not be able to tailor or enhance your viewing or listening experience of our digital services.
Purposes for Which We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information include:
- to provide our products and services to you (including physical delivery);
- to improve our products and services, including conducting surveys;
- to tailor and enhance your viewing or listening experience;
- to manage our relationship with you, including:
- communicating with you about our products or services, including providing information about products or services which we consider may be of interest to you;
- billing you for any products or services that we charge for;(c) investigating any complaints made by or about you;
- managing any request by you to return or exchange a product at a later date; and
- otherwise offering you assistance, including, by providing technical support;
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of TWD or industry third parties we have entered into agreements with;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- to obtain professional services as required including legal, accounting or insurance services;
- if permitted or required by law;
- otherwise with your consent; or
- for purposes directly related to any one or more of the
We will only send you direct marketing emails if you are registered. We will always give you the option to opt out of these or further communications. We may send you electronic communications for account administration purposes if you are a registered user or customer of the TWD.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose and send your personal information that we collect to our:
- technology service providers, including, internet service providers, app service providers, cloud hosting service providers, software suppliers, and maintenance and support service providers and security services on a confidential basis so that they can provide services to us;
- TWD online store fulfilment partners such as Australia Post;
- marketing, promotions and ratings service providers;
- analytics service providers including Facebook and Google Analytics; and
- subscription service providers and their mailing
Third parties that we disclose to or send your personal information may be located in Australia or outside Australia (overseas), including but not limited to New Zealand, Singapore, the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, Israel, India, and the USA. You accept that it is likely that your private and personal information is likely to be exported and/or stored overseas. If you do not agree, please do not continue to use our website or any of our services or online sites.
TWD may include links to third party content on its website and in other electronic communications. TWD does not have any control over the privacy practices of those third parties. Please check the website of each relevant third party for details of their privacy policies. TWD does not control who links to the TWD’s site or take any responsibilities for those sites.
Options to Enter Into Additional Privacy Terms
Seeking Access To, And Updating Your Information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by TWD about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by the TWD in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that TWD holds. TWD will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact TWD Privacy Officer (details are below).
Making a Compliant
TWD welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly. Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below if you would like to make a complaint. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au.
TWD Privacy Officer – Contact Details
If you wish to contact our privacy officer, please use the following contact details:
The Privacy Officer
The Wholesome Doctor
GPO Box 44
Glebe NSW 2037